[Wikipedia-l] Old norse

Pascale pascale at rezo.net
Tue Jan 4 00:00:54 UTC 2005

Hello,

As for me, i think it would be wonderfull to have  a free, open and rich
old Norsk basis like Wikipedia. I have been  trying to learn Islandic in
France, because I want to learn Old Norks and read the eddas in their
own language ( I am fon dof philology) and it is quite difficult to find
books or resorces in this old language. You know Tolkien started to
learn Old norsk when he was 32 old, as a curious human spirit, and what
he learn, cumulated to his large knwoledge in German and English
families of language, permitted to créate a new fantastic world : his
own historico-imaginative world.
Borgès, too, learn old Norks, and his dream of a Babel Library is a
metaphore of  what the internet is actualyy for a part, and what he
could be :)
So, it would be a pity not to use internet and Wikipedia to support
thos luck to approach wonderfull old language an d perhaps fertilize the
futur with human transformation.

Languages are not dead if there is on human who gets pleasure to
pronounce, read, write with it...It can become esoteric for most people
but internet could serve to give another luck to many languages and many
human cultures.

Best regards

Pascale