[Wikipedia-l] Old norse

Vegard Aukrust vegara at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Jan 3 23:02:25 UTC 2005

I will use the modified latin alphabeth. Old norse is not so different from
modern icelandic and often mistaken as that, but I want to use the same
language the one you find in Norwegian texts from the 12th, 13th and 14th
centuries. I don't find it more strange than latin, anglo-saxon or a lot of
other old langiages. The letters which are not used in modern English are as
follows: æ, o, ð and þ (but not ä, ö, ø or å as in modern scandinavian).

Vegard Aukrust