[Wikipedia-l] EasyTimeline charts indexed for all wikipedias

Erik Zachte e.p.zachte at chello.nl
Mon Jan 3 22:54:55 UTC 2005

> Is it possible to use non-Latin-1 (ie. Unicode) characters in those
> charts?  Without this feature, unfortunately, this is not useful for
> many Wikipedias.

This is still on my to do list, but will stay there for a while, I'm afraid.

The rendering engine for EasyTimeline, Ploticus, does support unicode input
and truetype fonts (via freetype library). However Ploticus still needs to
be tweaked, as it has no support for wiki-like inline links that are used in
EasyTimeline. With proportional fonts the current workaround falls apart.

I've been working on complete redesign of TomeRaider scripts for TR3 since
August, and will soon need to start with upgrading stats scripts for
database scheme change. After that possibly a wikivacation and then I'll
gladly resume ET work.

Erik Zachte