[Wikipedia-l] Hunting for my first edit, is there a Wikimuseum of ancient data?

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 2 02:06:37 UTC 2005

I have been asked on several occasions what my first edit on Wikipedia was,
and I admit to a certain curiousity myself. The problem is that I really
don't remember it; I believe I first came to Wikipedia back in the
UseModWiki days and IIRC the old edit histories from that era weren't
imported into the current database when the transition was made to PHP wiki
due to format incompatibilities. I've looked through
http://download.wikimedia.org/ and didn't see any obvious links for getting
anything that old, is there anyplace where I might find it?

Alternately, I recall that in the UseModWiki days I had a "userpage" at
[[Bryan Derksen]] (or possibly [[BryanDerksen]]) that I deleted as soon as
there was support for the User: subspace in the new software. It may have
some clues in it, but stuff that's been deleted for a long time appears to
be no longer undeleteable by mere admins such as myself. Is there a
database with ancient deletes in them kicking around somewhere? This would
be handy for an unrelated reason too, there're some old RfC pages I
participated in once upon a time that have been similarly deleted that I
wouldn't mind having copies of for future reference.