[Wikipedia-l] This is becoming relatively urgent.

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 08:34:22 UTC 2005

I am cross. You have said I am of the opinion that these codes are irrelevant.

1. I have been unable to find a list of these codes,
2. It was not me but rather a developer who told me that these codes
are unusable because there is not yet an official final release. I
have told you once and again that there is no use - again, NO USE -
arguing this with me.
3. The codes I gave are supported fully by the respective communities
and comply with combined ISO 639-3 and RFC standards (or was it W3C?
or something) for representing unlisted languages - use six letters,
the general ISO code and then the Ethnologue code, and where there is
no Ethnologue code you can make one up if it doesn't conflict with
others (I believe?), and for languages for which there is no
appropriate general ISO code they should be prefixed with an i-, as in
i-ami (the closest ISO 639-3 comes is "Malayo-Polynesian languages";
however that is a sister subfamily to the Formosan subfamily to which
Amis belongs of the Austronesian languages and is thus unsuitable).

Mark