[Wikipedia-l] Re: Quenya language request, and Chinese Wikipedia again

Felix Wan felixwiki at earthsphere.org
Wed Feb 16 23:45:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, February 15, 2005 11:44 pm, Alex Y. Kwan said:
> Hello,
>
> Felix Wan wrote:
>
>> Someone signed on Meta.  There are some support beside opposition in
>> the mailing list.  Alex Kwan on this list edited my introduction to the
>> test site: <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Test-WP/zh-yue> with an
>> anonymous IP.  We can expect him to contribute more when he is back from
>> vacation.
>
> I am back and *cough* am female.

Welcome back.  I really like the Cantonese "koei5", the genderless third
person pronoun... ^_^;  Written Mandarin has made unnecessarily distinct
writings of the word "ta1".  Let's not make the same mistake, and let's
never try that for Cantonese "nei5"/Mandarin "ni3".

Meanwhile, I am trying to recruit new volunteers for the project:
http://www.cantonese.org.cn/bbsxp/ShowForum.htm?forumid=6

Let's see the response.  Also, go ahead to edit anything on the test site: