avoiding forks (was Re: [Wikipedia-l] public service ads in Wikipedia?)

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Tue Feb 15 14:23:14 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway (minorityreport at bluebottle.com) [050216 01:13]:
> NSK said:

> > Have you ever wondered why I rarely edit at Wikipedia?
> > it's  because I know that nobody will know that an article or paragraph
> > was written  by me.

> Good grief, is that what it's all about?

I am well known to have an ego comparable to a medium-size US city and I am
fine with being able to say "I wrote most of that article" or "I wrote
about half of that one" and being able to point at the history. I'm really
not convinced that signing articles is an in-demand idea, let alone a good
one.

- d.