[Wikipedia-l] Toki Pona

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sat Feb 12 06:44:53 UTC 2005

I'm not looking to launch a Toki Pona Wikipedia (yet), but all this
discussion of various languages, their (non)widespread use, and so on
has raised in my mind some questions.  First off, I was wondering if
anyone has any experience or data that gives an idea of how widespread
Toki Pona use is, and secondly, I was wondering if there would be any
particular opposition to a Toki Pona Wikipedia if (as a purely
hypothetical example) five or six fluent speakers raised the issue here.

Again, I stress that I do not intend to pursue the notion of setting up
a Toki Pona Wikipedia in the forseeable future.  I'm interested in the
language, though, and have recently begun the very odd task of learning
it.  Idle curiosity about how it fits into the Wikipedia realm is the
natural (for me) consequence of these circumstances.

--
Chad