[Wikipedia-l] Wikicite project pages (english versions only so far)

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 22:40:05 UTC 2005

I think a very important issue here is whether to add cites to
articles that we don't know what sources were used.

If I wrote the entire text of [[Japanese language]] (which I didn't,
this is just an example), without a cite, it would be a very horrible
thing in my mind if somebody added a cite for a book I'd never even
heard of. It's simply not accurate, and in some cases the book may not
even be a good resource.

Whenever somebody adds a random cite to an article written mostly or
entirely by me, I remove it unless I actually DID use that source.
It's very irritating to have people doing that, almost like bees, who
while they make honey also tend to annoy people.

Mark