Re: [Wikipedia-l] Võro Vikipeediä

Sulev Iva juvasul at ut.ee
Thu Feb 3 08:50:48 UTC 2005

It seems that "vor" in the next release of ISO 639 doesn't stand for the Võro language in Estonia. There is a Voro language
somewhere in Nigeria using SIL code "VOR", see http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=VOR. Probably "vor" is meant for
this African language. We can not use the same code for Võro in Estonia.

I planned to ask the codes "vro" and "vr" for Võro (my mother tongue spoken in Estonia) from ISO and Ethnologue. I have no
information that somebody else had asked codes for Võro.

So it would be great if we could use "vro" or "vr". But if it is impossible so why not to use "fiu-voro" or "fiu-vr" or "fiu-
vro" as a temporary code. But is it hard to change it later into "vro" or "vr"?

Regards
Sulev

3.02.2005 7:51:04, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> kirot':