[Wikipedia-l] Re: Expanding CheckUser permissions

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Fri Apr 29 15:38:20 UTC 2005

Gerard Meijssen said:

> Blanket policies that expect that an arbitration committee exists are
> stupid when there is no such thing.

Absolutely.  This is why I refer to "the arbitration apparatus" and not
specifically to an all-singing all-dancing arbitration committee--I'd be
pretty surprised if any other WikiMedia project had reached the stage that
it required the miniature court we have on en.

> Denying the use of the tool results
>  result in a situation does hurt a project.

Again I agree.  At least one person on each Wiki should have the right to
grant and revoke the right to use this feature.