[Wikipedia-l] Sanger's memoirs

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Wed Apr 20 01:24:02 UTC 2005

Brion Vibber wrote:
> I've only skimmed these posts, but they seem to boil down to historical
> trivia ("we had 24 articles not 12!") and saying we should do things

Actually the article is a lot better than that.  It's an important
piece of history in the writing.  I'm looking forward to the book.
Larry is very careful to point out that he is Wikipedia's friend
and I see no conflict.

He started it as a test, and it snowballed out of control. Nobody
could predict its popularity.  Larry to me seems like a hesitant
Martin Luther who says "wait, I didn't want to start a new church,
only reform the old one!"  But nobody wants to wait.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)