[Wikipedia-l] Re: Request for new Wikipedia: Friulian

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 31 20:57:20 UTC 2004

Mark Williamson wrote:

>The difference is is that there is to my knowledge no such thing as a
>flying polar bear, yet there are real Friulian people with internet
>access.
>

>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:06:11 +0800, John Lee <johnleemk at gawab.com> wrote:
>

>> It's highly unlikely you'll be able to get even half of the educated
>>Friulian-speaking population editing Wikipedia. Are they potential? Yes, in
>>much the same way that I could potentially be killed by a falling polar bear
>>from the sky as I type this.

Actually, when polar bears encroach on human settlements it is a common
practice to airlift them back to more appropriate habitat. It seems
quite possible that in the history of the world, the number of flying
polar bears is larger than the number of websites written in (rather
than about) the Friulian language.

--Michael Snow