[Wikipedia-l] Re: pi-eyed

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Oct 21 09:52:46 UTC 2004

Magnus Manske wrote:

> Angela wrote:
>
>> If such pages would need permanent protection, it only proves they are
>> not suitable for a wiki, where pages are supposed to be edited.
>
> The point seems to be that pi is *not* supposed to be edited. An
> article *about* pi is. Wikisource should make it easy to add a data
> page, but then keep it stable, IMHO.

Agreed.  I tend to look at Wikisource as a place where material is
relatively much less editable than onWikipedia,  but not completely
uneditable.  This mostly works.  But that could be because some of the
texts are so long that they discourage editing.  There are features that
I would love to have that would make translations and annotations more
convenient, but I can be patient in waiting for them. 8-)

Ec