[Wikipedia-l] New wikipedia proposal

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 14:22:07 UTC 2004

User:Oui tried to start a new wiki on meta.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Lr:&oldid=66726

I offered him to join this list to discuss this.

Here is a copy of his explanation

------

Hello

I do not think this belongs to meta my friend.

Explain to me what you want to do on my talk page please (français or
english)

Anthere 13:12, 2 Oct 2004 (UTC)

Hi

As you see, I dont understand the only page I know explaining "How to
create a new linguage" because it is in a not-easy-English and I never
did learn English (I can write a lot in "my" own English but in case
that I read, I am of course dependant of that what I find!) and would
need help for that. To wait as long I find one good man, how can help me
to do that for 2 languages (frater and solresol) I work to prepare as
much pages I will re-link after the languages exist in the official
form! For me it is important to dispose of this "working surface" in
"solresol" (oo:) and frater (lr:) because I help a lot friends in the
language "interlingue" (ie:) (interlingue is not my own "special matter"
but I can help) and can economisate a lot of energy if I do all
completely synchron in the 3 languages because I have to control a lot
in a lot of dictionaries and it is the same work for only one as for the
3 languages.

The 3 languages solresol (now re-renamed Langue musicale universelle as
did do it the inventor sudre in 1827 - the name of solresol is from
gajewski in 1902), interlingue and frater are very special:

solresol is the only one of more than 8000 languages with an integraded
interface for handicapped people. solresol can be learnd in an hour (the
mecanic of the language of course. but in our time it is easy to enter
the word at the keyboard of a computer and the computer search the right
word. i use such a programm... and in the other direction, it is the
same: I copy my text with CTRL C and with CTRL V i can get the words
transleted into an other language!)

interlingue is the only one language that all speakers of English,
French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Roman, Dutch, Dansk,
Swedish, Norwayish (?) can read with more or less difficulties of
course, BUT completely without to need to learn it! And it is
important... But they need a dictionary (for this reason, my work in
Wikipedia will be mainly in Wiktionary but I have also problems in
Wiktionary: I dont understand the way to active the Templates in the new
language! Look please at Interlingue, the first and only one word with
the meaning of "dictionary"!)!

Frater is a) one of the extremly rare artificial languages invented
outside of the occidental world. It was invented and publish in Saigon,
Vietnam, in 1950 and not in French (French people was yet engaged in
Vietnam) but in English! b) frater is one the the rare language with a
reduced alphabet and for this reason special adapted for people with a
little or no education. It is also easier for handicaped people. c)
really surprising is that the asiatic autor did prefer a completely
occidental word choice because of the internationality! but he did take
especialy care to make a convenient language for asiatic people!

you know all now!

can you perhaps help me or recommand to me a man how has experience in
creating new languages in wik and in using of templates?

i thank you for your help an wish you a good weekend --Oui 14:03, 2 Oct
2004 (UTC)

Hmmm.

For the template issue, I recommand you ask Brion Vibber or user:Tim
Starling. They should be able to help you.

For the new languages, I must say that creating synthetic languages
wikis is somewhat controversial. I think this should result from
community discussion and approval. I invite you to join one of our
mailing list to discuss this :