[Wikipedia-l] Request for new Wikipedia: Friulian

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Nov 4 20:41:05 UTC 2004

Mark Williamson wrote:
> I did however get a positive response from Brian Stowell (prominent
> Mec Vannin activist) that gave me the impression he and/or other Manx
> ultranationalists will soon turn gv: from dead to not-dead.

I don't know anything about Brian Stowell, I'm sure he's a wonderful
person.  But it makes me nervous to think about "ultranationalists"
eager to create a wikipedia as part of a wider project which involves
both language and cultural preservation (both good things) and
possibly as well some nationalist political agenda (maybe good, maybe
bad, but certainly not neutral).

--Jimbo