[Wikipedia-l] Requests for new Wikipedias?

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Nov 4 04:20:43 UTC 2004

Mark Williamson wrote:
> Are you fed up with the requests from me for new Wikipedias? Why?

Yesterday I posted one message to this list, the statistics.  Now is a
new day where I live, and today I will also only post one message, not
to wear out the patience of all list members who have to read this.
So I must think carefully about which topic to use this message for.
This is it: I'm going to tell Mark (node) about my problem with him.

Mark, I have no problem with you requesting new Wikipedias.  I have a
problem with you posting too many messages with too little substance.
It's at the point where I look at the sender and say "oh, it's just
node again" and then I skip the message entirely.  It's almost like
filtering away spam.  And I don't like to do that on a list.  Now,
Brion Vibber posts even more often than you do, but I don't skip his
messages, because his are useful.

My whole point with posting the statistics was to make you and some
other frequent posters realize this yourself, but apparently you
failed to do so, because today you are posting more than ever and with
less to say.  So I'm using today's message from me to the list to tell
you this.  I apologize to the list for wasting their patience and I
will probably be silent for the rest of the week.  I don't have much
to say.  You have a lot of energy in you, and that is good, but I
think you should spend more of it on useful projects and less on the
list.  Why not try my exercise of limiting your own posting to one
message per day per list. It's a little like chess playing, shifting
to a lower gear, less motion, more force.

If you comment this message, which you don't have to, I will probably
not answer back.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)