[Wikipedia-l] Developers should mind their own business

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Mar 9 13:45:37 UTC 2004

Pedro Fortuny wrote:
> I agree with Tim. This reminds me of the "three powers" (and I know this
> is not a State and there is no such thing as a "government")

But, even though this is not a State and there is no such thing as a
"government", we all tend to talk this way, and with good reasons.  We
are a social community and we have social problems ("crime",
"disputes") and the mechanisms of government do provide us with
analogous concepts to guide us in selecting better mechanisms.

--Jimbo