[Wikipedia-l] Developers should mind their own business

Pedro Fortuny pfortuny at sdf-eu.org
Tue Mar 9 08:51:17 UTC 2004

I agree with Tim. This reminds me of the "three powers" (and I know this
is not a State and there is no such thing as a "government"). *Division*
of work and functions is

	a) more transparent (there is not even the remote possibility
		of dictatorship, and mistakes are mistakes in only one
		part of the project).
	b) easier to maintain (someone with just one function may be
		removed as there will easily be substitutes. Someone for
		just one function is more easily found than for two).
	c) easier to work in (the person needs only care about "one"
		aspect of the project).

My 2c. I probably ought to have quoted Tim, but my mail client is far away
and editing is a pain....

Pedro.

--
Pedro Fortuny Ayuso: http://pfortuny.sdf-eu.org
Colegio Mayor Peñafiel, Universidad de Valladolid