[Wikipedia-l] Yahoo has choosen Wikipedia for his non-commercial channel of CAP

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Mar 2 20:58:38 UTC 2004

Yes, I was in negotiations with Yahoo about this last week.

We have a contract in which we supply them with an XML feed (which I
will have Jason construct) and they stick us in their index.  They
make no promises as to the placement of our urls, of course, as that's
entirely up to their editorial department.  But of course we have
absolutely maximum quality content, so it is thought by all that we
will rank very high in their index.

The area that this will benefit us most is when news breaks on some
topic about which there is little information on the net -- an area in
which we excel anyway.

I tried to get their PR person to feature us more prominently in the
press release, but alas, she didn't listen to me.  :-)

--Jimbo