[Wikipedia-l] I was banned, why?

Phil Sandifer sandifer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 29 02:18:04 UTC 2004

Well, let's see, Editing Saddam Hussein was from a Qwest IP from the
same city your edits originate from. The username was associated with
Red Faction, as you are. It was used in a window of time in which you
were using Wikipedia, as you nominated User:Plato at about the same
time. And, furthermore, Comrade Nick has said that you were Editing
Saddam Hussein.

I'm pretty well convinced by that chain of evidence. I suppose if you
wanted to prove otherwise you could ask a developer to check the IP
addresses to see if they match up exactly - I only know they're the
same ISP and region.

But I'm not going to ask a developer to do that, because, honestly, I'm
already convinced.

-Snowspinner