[Wikipedia-l] I was banned, why?

C A S [name omitted for privacy reasons] a
Mon Jun 28 15:33:27 UTC 2004

*I was banned, apparently because I am suspected of "sockpuppetry".  I have not been provided with any evidence of this, the issue has not  been reviewed by the mediation committee, I am not guilty. Please  remedy this matter. -- User:Lir
**Without having to think about it too much, I can point to the well-proven sockpuppet "Editing Saddam Hussein," which you attempted to  use to vote in RfA, and which User:Plato has admitted was you.

*Surely, Plato's say-so is not sufficent grounds to ban me; I'm rather confused as to how he can "admit" to my alleged crimes. Regardless, having reviewed the history of User:Editing Saddam Hussein -- I am at a loss as to how that account envokes the negative connotations indicated in the latter half of "A sock puppet is an additional username used by a Wikipedian who posts under more than one name. While they may serve legitimate purposes, sock puppets may be sometimes also used to deceive, for example by voting more than once in a poll or otherwise creating an illusion of broader support for an idea."
*Apparently you feel that the account was used to sockpuppet against your admin request -- do you have any proof of my voting more than once in RfA? I doubt you will find any evidence to support your allegation; since, I am not User:Editing Saddam Hussein nor is that my sockpuppet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet>