[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Mikasuki Wikipedia]

jneden at bellsouth.net jneden at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 28 18:16:45 UTC 2004

Hi there

Thanks for your help. Yes, I am aware of the "nil" situation, as well as the SIL code. Should we use MIK?

http://mik.wikipedia.org

I think that seems appropriate.

Yes, Mikasuki is an endangered language, at least in its number of speakers. However, its speech community, although very vibrant (YOU visit the Seminole reservations and tell me if it's not! ^_^) has never been all that big, compared to other Muskogean Native American languages, such as Creek and Choctaw. Since the language is vibrant but endangered, I don't think it could be MORE appropriate that we get a Mikasuki Wikipedia up. The same goes for all Native American languages, especially when we have a Toki Pono wikipedia up (no offense to Sonja! ^_^ Désolé!).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing them up. I will get them set up for native speakers to start posting. Please let me know.

Thank you!
 -- Jeremy