[Wikipedia-l] Server down message

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Thu Jun 10 18:01:26 UTC 2004

The next time someone puts up a "server down" message, please could you
be a little bit more professional? Currently it reads:

	wiki will be down for approximately 30 minute, please excuse the
	interruption

What are visitors supposed to think of that?!

I'm particularly annoyed by the fact that there seems to be nobody that
I can contact about these things. I asked on IRC who put up the message
and was told it is shaihulud. So I asked him to change it, but he
deferred me to someone else who shall remain unnamed. That someone
started telling me they had been spewing in the toilet. WTF?

Why can't we simply have a Wiki-editable server down message that will
be used automatically? In particular, it should be a different one on
each different language Wikipedia. :-p

Thanks,
Timwi