[Wikipedia-l] Klingon

Imran Ghory imran at bits.bris.ac.uk
Wed Jun 9 00:19:46 UTC 2004

I think there's one simple way to end this arguement,

Paramount owns the copyright to the Klingon language, the words, the
grammar, everything.

Let me repeat, (it is claimed) Paramount owns the copyright to individual
klingon words.

i.e. we can't legally have a klingon wikipedia.

If someone can get Paramount to produce a waiver documents stating that it
is perfectly legal for third parties to produce klingon language
documents and redistrbute them under any licence, then we can reconsider.
However until that time we should not risk copyright violation and wasting the time of contributors (to the
Klingon wikipedia).

Imran
--
http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran