[Wikipedia-l] Fundraising

Guillaume Blanchard gblanchard at arcsy.co.jp
Tue Jun 8 01:45:33 UTC 2004

Hi all,
It's a little bit strange to me to ask people money before to know exactly
what we need.
I think we first need to design the network we need to face the exponential
progression of Mediawiki projects.
Then we can think what hardware/software we need to make it (thus, know
about how much we need).
Then we can ask people to donate to buy this hardware.
Personnaly, instead of hear "we need $100,000" I prefer to hear "we need to
buy X, Y and Z that may cost around $100,000".
Just my POV.

By the way, do we have professional/competent people to design the complex
network we need? How much may cost a network analysis by a professional
company? May it help?

Aoineko