[Wikipedia-l] I have been banned HOW CAN I APPEAL

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 19:53:16 UTC 2004

--- sada asda <unfairlybanned2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been banned unfairly three times. I was first banned because I
> allegedly violated a "3 revert rule" of which I was never warned about;
> regardless of whether I did break it, I was banned by a sysop (Guarnaco)
> involved in an edit war on the page -- this is a gross violation of sysop
> rules!

While I happen to agree that violating the three revert rule should be a temp
banable offense, I note with dismay that this is not current policy.

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Block_log (oldest first)

05:03, 4 Jun 2004 Guanaco blocked "Editing Saddam Hussein" with an expiry time
of 24 hours (account created for the trolling and violating the three revert
policy - was warned after third revert)

05:03, 4 Jun 2004 Guanaco unblocked "Editing Saddam Hussein" (typo)

05:03, 4 Jun 2004 Guanaco blocked "Editing Saddam Hussein" with an expiry time
of 24 hours (account created for trolling and violating the three revert policy
- was warned after third revert)

22:34, 4 Jun 2004 Guanaco blocked "Sad Ham" with an expiry time of indefinite
(vandalism of [[Saddam Hussein]], illegitimate sockpuppet of Editing Saddam
Hussein)

> After I was unbanned by a more reasonably sysop, I was then immediately
> re-banned by RickK -- even though I had not edited any articles!!!!!!!! This
> second ban appears to be permanent, YET I HAVE NOT VIOLATED ANY RULES!

As 63.230.159.235, Editing Saddam Hussein, and Sam Ham, you kept adding this to
the top of [[Saddam Hussein]]:

''This page refers to Saddam Hussein as "Saddam"; however, doing so may be
inapppropriate. See the section below: '''==Hussein's Name=='''. As a result of
this, the [[NPOV]] of this article is questioned.''

Guanaco and 172 kept removing this message while Everyking and 172 put the
section you wrote about it back into a footnote.

>From the ban log:

16:11, 4 Jun 2004 Jamesday unblocked "Editing Saddam Hussein" (unblock after
discussion in IRC where agreed to discuss rather than edit war.)

17:57, Jun 4, 2004 RickK blocked "Editing Saddam Hussein1" with an expiry time
of indefinite (sock puppet trying to cause trouble)

> It is completely fallacious, RickKs claim that I am another user -- that I am
> a "sockpuppet". And even if I were, is it a crime? Am I double-voting? Am I
> agreeing with my other accounts, and creating false consensus? The answer to
> those questions are NO, this is NOT A SOCKPUPPET ACCOUNT.

For a new user you seem to know a lot about us. That alone sends up red flags
for some people. I will therefore let somebody else unblock you.

-- mav