[Wikipedia-l] I have been banned unfairly

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Fri Jun 4 19:23:45 UTC 2004

It is the American journalistic custom to use the last name during the body
of discussion of a person whose name is set forth in full previously. It
appears that Saddam is actually his name while his father's name was
Hussein. Using the name Hussein would be confusing as it is also the name of
the Jordanian royal family and indeed a number of other lines descended from
Mohammed.

I was hoping some Arabic customary usage would surface that we could all use
in the future.

Fred