[Wikipedia-l] What is the Knowledge? - A parallel World Wide Web?

Vladimir V. Medeiko vmwikie at nashi.spb.ru
Fri Jun 4 13:36:43 UTC 2004

From: "Timwi" <timwi at gmx.net>
> Ulrich Fuchs wrote:

> > Knowledge is information that rests if everything unneeded *is sorted
out*.

> I'm sure you'll understand that this isn't really a definition, as you
> have left open the question of what is "unneeded". Again, I would be
> interested to hear an example of what you call "needed".

His definition is not that wrong.
Knowledge is just a structured and ranked information.

"Unneeded" is something that no one needs. Articles, that no one views
and/or edits, could be considered anneeded.
There are numerous proposals on article ranking system, and eventually the
system of some kind will be implemented.

I don't see a permanent problem there.