[Wikipedia-l] the default font size on Chinese Wikipedia

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 18:10:54 UTC 2004

--- yuanml <yuanml at pku.org.cn> wrote:
> Hi, everybody, I'm an administrator in Chinese Wikipedia - User:Mountain.
>
> I have a request: Who can help us to change the default font size on Chinese
> Wikipedia.
>
> Now the default font size on Chinese Wikipedia is too small, many users
> required us to change it.
> we can change the default css to that:
>
> body, #globalWrapper { font-size:11pt }
>
> It looks better for most users.

The font size is also one or two steps too small on the English Wikipedia as
well (not to mention Meta and Wikibooks). I have pretty good eyesight and I had
to increase the font size in my browser - never had to do that before.
Wikipedis must be much harder to read for people with poor vision (esp for
those who need reading glasses).

Developers: Please increase the default font size. And while you are at it,
please also bring back the old link colors - that light blue/gray is very hard
to read (links should stand out a bit, not blend into the background!).

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)