[Wikipedia-l] Re: contributions to HU wiki

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Jun 2 17:28:43 UTC 2004

Timwi wrote:
> Hi Brion,
>
> of course, all you say is kind of true, and I understand you found the
> initial message a little vague. But at the same time, I must frankly say
> that I find your handling of this case rather cold and inconsiderate.
> You dismiss it as "not a problem" simply because there is not enough
> information *to you* to conclude that there is a problem.

Sorry, I don't mean to say there *definitely is no problem*. But if
you're going to start accusing people, you need to accuse them of
something in particular, not just demand that people who haven't seen
any of what you're talking censure the other guy.

As of apogr's follow-up post, all we've got is that this guy wrote a
couple pages which were removed on an apparent copyright issue. Then the
guy comes into wikipedia-l and publicly insults Grin and demands we
censure him.

We're still not sure even which pages are involved, though someone who
speaks Hungarian might have a shot at finding them (something to do with
dictionaries).

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)