[Wikipedia-l] Brion Vibber Day

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Jun 1 20:36:51 UTC 2004

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> I hereby decree, in my usual authoritarian and bossy manner, that
> today (June 1st) shall forever be known as Brion Vibber day.
> Wikipedians of the distant future will marvel at his incredible
> dedication and hard work, without which the project should have
> collapsed a long time ago.  Tonight at dinner, every Wikipedian should
> say a toast to Brion and his many inventions.
>
> On Brion Vibber day, Wikipedians everywhere greet each other in
> Esperanto.
>
> Dankon, Brion.

*blush*

It's a group effort. Tim Starling and Gwicke and Shaihulud and JeLuF and
Jeronim and even my arch nemesis Eloquence ;) have all been putting in a
lot of work to get the new release up and running and minimize the
inevitable growing pains. Thanks also to Jamesday and Ricky Beam for
hardware & kernel advice, and all you folks out there filing bug reports. :D

And of course we wouldn't have the software we have today without Magnus
Manske and Lee Daniel Crocker's work... or for that matter Clifford
Adams' efforts on UseModWiki which got us off the ground.

Nun, revenu al la enciklopedio kaj redaktu ghis la venko! :)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)