[Wikipedia-l] Re: MBTI

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Jun 1 12:58:00 UTC 2004

Tim-
> Anthere wrote:
>> http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedians_by_MBTI_type
>>
>> How do you explain the current majority of NTs ?
>>

> MBTI is pseudoscience. I don't know why people bother with it.

MBTI doesn't tell us much about what people really *are* like. But it does
tell us something about how they see themselves. Unlike astrological
signs, these MBTI profiles are self-selected, and there are quite
substantial differences between the different profiles.

Knowing how people see themselves can be interesting. It's certainly not
surprising that many people working on Wikipedia view themselves as
centered around logic and rational argument. It would be disturbing if it
was any other way.

Regards,

Erik