[Wikipedia-l] web of trust

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 20:20:37 UTC 2004

--- Elisabeth Bauer <elian at djini.de> wrote:
> Just in case some other wikipedias are interested, too:
> In the german wikipedia we started an experimental web of trust
> yesterday. It works by the "what links here functionality". A user who
> wants to participate creates a page [[User:Name/trust]] and lists there
> all the people he trusts in the form [[User:Otheruser/trust]]. By
> visiting a trust page (existing or not) and clicking on "what links
> here" you can see which people are trusting this user.

Not sure if having this public will be useful. My idea all along was to have
this as part of the software not unlike the watchlist function.

Then edits by people you trust (and perhaps people you trust by proxy) would be
in small, grayed out text on your watchlist and in Recent Changes.

That way your attention is drawn away from edits that you would almost
certainly find to be OK.

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Trust_network

-- mav