[Wikipedia-l] Re: Forming an action plan for 1.0

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 00:49:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:21:11 +1000, Tim Starling
<ts4294967296 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sj wrote:
> > Please remember that we '''do not need developer effort''' to move towards
> > Wikipedia 1.0.
>
> Yeah I've heard that before. Coding features is vastly easier than
> organising Wikipedians. If someone puts some pretty buttons on Wikipedia
> saying things like "review this article" and "mark for concise version",
> then people will start clicking them. Policies will emerge out of the
> chaos that ensues, and everything will come together. If someone wrote
> the feature 6 months ago, we'd be ready to print by now.

I think we are in agreement -- except perhaps for your time estimate.   I note
only that non-developers have work they can do immediately to further
this project.
I had the sense that many eager people were waiting for the discussion of which
interface to implement, before working out what topics to cover, in how much
space, starting with a focus on which areas.

+sj+