[Wikipedia-l] Action plan for 1.0 - news style intros should be recommended more strongly

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Tue Jul 20 01:04:22 UTC 2004

On 07/20/04 00:22, David Gerard wrote:

> Currently, [[Wikipedia:News style]] speaks of it as almost optional.
> I strongly suggest this status be upgraded, something like: "Although
> optional, a news style intro is strongly recommended if you want an article
> to be in Wikipedia 1.0 - many print articles are likely to be only the
> intro
> of the web article." Thoughts?

I've been reading a huge pile of stuff on Wikipedia 1.0 from the past
year. There have been several mentions of the idea, much support and
little objection. So I've boldly edited [[Wikipedia:News style]] and
[[Wikipedia:Summary style]] to call it a consensus recommendation,
because it does seem to be one.

- d.