[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia for Cell Phones - see kwickee.com as well

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Mon Jul 19 14:55:52 UTC 2004

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:

> I don't know the solution, but it sure would be sweet to have some
> means of bulk uploading, for example ftp or something like that.

Personally, I would very much like to see a textbox where one can enter
a URL that Wikipedia will then fetch automatically. In order to allow
bulk upload, one might as well have a textarea where one can enter
several URLs. (I might actually do that myself if no-one beats me to it.)

Yes, I do realise that this makes it easy to upload copyrighted images
from websites. But I don't think that's a problem: The wiki way is not
to make things impossible, but to make things back-tracable and
undoable, so all it needs is to put the URL in the image description,
and everyone can check if it's on a website that has copyrighted images.

Timwi