[Wikipedia-l] Waiting for 1.0 - Comments on Copy Editing

rose.parks at att.net rose.parks at att.net
Mon Jul 19 01:35:16 UTC 2004

Hi Members,

     You rarely hear from me on this list, but... I was the Chief Copy Editor for Nupedia. Since part of validation process is copy editing, and I have seen few comments on this subject, I added my first thoughts on this subject to Mediawiki's page on article validation...please see the Copy Edit section (6.6) of the Article Validation page at:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Article_validation#Copyediting

I think this is important, because I see copy editing as different from other types of article validation. I would appreciate feedback, either to this list or to the article validation page.

                          Thank you,

                             As Ever,

                               Ruth Ifcher