[Wikipedia-l] Waiting for 1.0

Mark Ryan ultrablue at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 08:17:04 UTC 2004

We would need the spell checker to be reactivated and modified so that
articles can be checked on their own (rather than giving a huge list
of all pages with particular errors in them). I don't fancy copying
entire articles into MS Word to check for errors (and people checking
articles for correct spelling would be likely to miss many errors). I
know the spell checker was a huge resource drain on Wikipedia, but if
it is restricted to those permitted to validate articles, it shouldn't
be so bad.

~Mark Ryan