[Wikipedia-l] Wikiquote now has subdomains

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 02:35:06 UTC 2004

--- Tim Starling <ts4294967296 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Similar conversion of Wikibooks should be a fairly simple thing, I'm now
> just waiting for community approval. We can't put subdomains under
> wikisource.org because the domain name doesn't point to the right place.
> It's owned by Mav and points to a redirect server, redirecting to
> quote.wikipedia.org.

Wikibooks is internally multi-lingual so there is no need for sub-domains. The
foundation owns and controls wikisource.org and I no longer have access to it
to change settings. That project is *also* internally multi-lingual and thus
there is no need for subdomains (they would also be very repetitive since the
same source docs will need to be used in many different languages).

What we need is the ability to switch user interface language in the same wiki.

--mav