[Wikipedia-l] RPMs

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Thu Jul 15 13:41:15 UTC 2004

Folks,

  For my own purposes, I have created an RPM of the mediawiki-1.2.6
  stable download.

  If anyone would like to poke at it and make suggestions, it can be
  found at :-

  ftp://ftp.wizzy.com/pub/wizzy/rpms/mediawiki-1.2.6-2wiz.noarch.rpm
  ftp://ftp.wizzy.com/pub/wizzy/SRPMS/mediawiki-1.2.6-2wiz.src.rpm

  I want to do this for schools install, and the web interface, though
  very nice, does not fit in with the 'fire and forget' nature of RPMs.

  I run sed over the (unmodified) sql scripts in /maintenance to do
  the initial database setup.

  It will still need a snapshot loaded.

  To load a snapshot of wikipedia, try this :-

  bzip2 -d -c 20040327_cur_table.sql.bz2 | mysql -u wikiuser --password=wiki:user wikidb

Cheers,     Andy!

http://wizzy.org.za/