[Wikipedia-l] Language request: Luxembourgish

Ewen Caroline caroline at www.web.lu
Thu Jul 15 09:51:01 UTC 2004

Hi again,

Yep, you're both right, but what I meant was, it's not a language like
english for ex, that's spoken all over the world by quite a lot of people.
moreso, as for the region around arlon, my grandmother told me that they used
to speak lux but that today, it's not very common to find a person who can.

and i just remembered, there's a lux village in the US, they speak lux there
too, apparently :)

Ehm, since this is the first time that I propose a language, how will I know
when the site is up ?

Caroline.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:29:43 +0200, Pablo Saratxaga wrote
> Kaixo!
>
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:06:47AM +0200, Ewen Caroline wrote:
>
> > luxembourgish is only spoken in my country
>
> Not true; it is also spoken in its neighbours (Arelerland, parts of
> Germany; I've also been told by a Romanian that the "german language"
> spoke by "German speakers" there is actually much more close to
> Luxemburguish than to Hochdeutsch).
> Only in Luxembourg however it has official status and is commonly
> used in written.
>
> http://lb.wikipedia.org/ would be a very good news.
>
> --
> Ki ça vos våye bén,
> Pablo Saratxaga
>
> http://chanae.walon.org/pablo/		PGP Key available, key ID:
0xD9B85466
> [you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Catalan or
Esperanto]