[Wikipedia-l] Galileo and others

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Jul 14 14:39:00 UTC 2004

Just out of curiosity, how will the GPS co-ordinates differ in the
Galileo system from the existing system?  I assume that the two can be
easily converted back and forth, or that the numbers are the same for
both?

If the numbers differ, we should accept both, so the markup should
have the ability to distinguish.  It'd be a shame if I took my GPS
receiver (which uses the existing system) to get a location, but could
not enter it.  It would be equally a shame if someone took a Galileo
system out in a few years and could not easily enter that as well.

--Jimbo