[Wikipedia-l] Fundraising

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 00:47:30 UTC 2004

May I suggest that next time we are slashdotted,
someone please add a highly visible link at the TOP of
the main page, at least on the english wikipedia, for
say 2 or 3 days, so that perhaps some visitors feel
like making a small donation ?

The events are very demanding on servers, last week,
we were all slowed down a lot for 2 days, so visitors
might understand the need for more hardware.

Besides, given the number of discussions last week on
slashdot, about donation issues, that is perhaps best
to show clearly where donations could be made :-)

So, slashdot events would be beneficial both in terms
of contributors and in terms of revenue ?