[Wikipedia-l] Re: About "the" language

Desmond Tutu Lechapeaumelon at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 06:23:34 UTC 2004

Hello again :)

I read all your messages and the only ones who found the answer was Philip
and Ralesk. In English, the language has the same name of the Arabic
dialect spoken in Chad. In French, our language is called «chadien» and the
Arabic dialect «tchadien»... In English, it has a confusing
name. In "Chadian", the language name is written "Шадиєн". It's a created
language. It has appeared two years ago but since then, it's
more widespread everyday (I think, there's no statistics).

So, there's absolutely no link between the Arabic dialect and the Chadian
conlang. By the way, I know that there's a site (in construction)
who will be about Chadian. I don't know if there's people with Chadian for
mother tongue... Anyway, there's not a lot of translations in
this language. That's why I ask to all of you if it would be a nice idea to
have an encyclopedia in this language. There's a translation in
Latin but nobody has Latin for mother tongue :) It's nice anyway.

I don't know if it is more specific now ? I know, it wasn't very explicative
the first time ;) Bobby.