[Wikipedia-l] Re: Gallery of 53 Main Pages - For quick comparison of general layouts

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 29 01:39:58 UTC 2004

Erik Zachte wrote:

> For a quick comparison of layouts of all 53 Main Pages have a look at
>
>http://eza.gemm.nl/Wikipedia/Gallery/Gallery.htm
>
>Complete pages are shown, captured at a virtual 1000*3000 screen resolution,
>reduced to 40% size.
>At 40% reduction the text is hardly readable, but it gives a nice comparison
>of overall layout per wikipedia.

It's nice to see that quite a few languages are getting images on their
main pages. I wish I knew enough, or any, Romanian, to understand how
that picture of two frying pans got featured.

ZH appears to have picked up EN's new layout (or did we get it from
them?). I particularly enjoy seeing the right-to-left layouts in Hebrew
and Arabic.

--Michael Snow