[Wikipedia-l] What would Richard Stallman say? (IP users)

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Feb 24 17:52:47 UTC 2004

    Writer owns the copyright forever no matter what. Even if you made smth for
    hire, you still owns the copyright.

In the US, the copyright on a work made for hire belongs to the
employer.  The employer is the copyright holder, from the very start,
and the employer is considered the author.

I believe this is also true in the EU, but my memory is less certain
as regards the EU.  If you want to be certain, please ask an EU lawyer.