[Wikipedia-l] Need actual articles on broad topics

Arvind Narayanan arvindn at meenakshi.cs.iitm.ernet.in
Sun Feb 22 10:34:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've noticed that several articles on broad topics are actually
massive collections of links to subtopics. (Look at many of the
topics in the "Encyclopedia" section on the main page. [[History]]
is a good example.) IMHO this should be improved, because it puts
off the reader who is not an expert in the field. So I suggest
that we make a conscious effort to describe the field at a basic
level in entry-point articles. [[Philosophy]] looks very good to me.

Comments?

Arvind
--
Its all GNU to me