[Wikipedia-l] What would Richard Stallman say?

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Sat Feb 21 02:49:12 UTC 2004

"Sean Barrett" <sean at epoptic.org> schrieb:
> > If we have to completely gut our encyclopedia by removing a
> > large percentage of its images....
>
> I hardly think removing even "a large percentage" of our images
> constitutes "gutting" our encyclopedia.  And even if it did, no one is
> suggesting removing "a large percentage," just a handful of "fair use"
> borderline cases.

Well, let me make that suggestion then. I would like to remove all
pictures for which:
1. no author or source is known, and
2. there is no good reason to believe they are public domain

>From my own sample, which unfortunately did not get posted on the list
yet (I sent it from another email address, and it is waiting moderator
approval because it is from a non-subscribed address), I think that
this might include as many as 20% of our current images.

Andre Engels