[Wikipedia-l] free maps?

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 11:24:55 UTC 2004

engelsAG at t-online.de (Andre Engels) writes:

> Also, a version without borders would be nice for historical maps, and a
> version with less or no text as a base map in general. But I have bookmarked
> this one, thanks!

The best maps I've found are at http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/world.htm

"All maps and graphics created by Graphic Maps, a d/b/a of the Woolwine-Moen Group,
 unless otherwise noted or linked, and use of same for any application
 whatsoever (with the exception of outline maps) requires written permission."

>From this, I'd say that the outline maps are acceptable, but they don't do oceans.

I could imagine something like this
http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/europe/euoutl.htm
being useful, though.